Living In Luxembourg
Luxembourg is a beautiful country with a high standard of living - nevertheless, deciding to relocate can be a challenging experience with many aspects to be considered.
St George's does its best to make sure that new Teachers and Early Years Educators are given all of the assistance they need when moving here. Below are a few of the most frequently asked questions by new staff.
For more information on the School contact us directly - we will be happy to help!
Here are some useful resources:
- How will I find a house or apartment? Will the school help with this?
- Do I have to register at the commune?
- Is Health care free in Luxembourg?
- Is there private health insurance?
- What about income tax in Luxembourg?
- What if my spouse / partner also works in Luxembourg?
- Are there other taxes?
- Is there a child allowance or benefit paid in Luxembourg?
- What if I want to bring my UK car to Luxembourg?
- Is there car road tax?
- Can I bring my pet?
- Do I need a Luxembourg or International driver’s license?
- Is there an M.O.T. for my car?
- Is there a good bus/train service?
- I have a question not covered by the above!