St George's News
Find out what's happening at St George's!
Students should attend school if they fulfill the following requirements:
- Have no Covid-19 symptoms such as muscle ache, loss of taste and smell, sore throat, cough etc.
- Have a temperature of 37.5 C or lower.
- Can take part in classroom activities without use of temperature/symptom-reducing medicine.
Students should NOT attend school or will be sent home if they have any of the following:
- Appear or complain of feeling unwell or show any kind of COVID-19 symptoms
- Have a temperature: Students with a temperature over 37.5 C will be sent home from school and should not return to school until they are fever free for at least 48 hours.
- Parents are expected to pick their child up within 45mins once they have been contacted by the School Nurse. In the event a parent is unable to collect their child, the emergency contact will be contacted.
- In the event of a student showing COVID-19 symptoms, it is strongly recommended that you follow the Health Ministry of Luxembourg recommendations and contact your doctor to arrange for testing.
- Please inform the School Nurse if someone in your family is being tested for COVID-19.
Guidelines for Returning to School After Illness / Suspected COVID-19
- In the event of suspected COVID-19 infection you should contact your doctor immediately to arrange for testing and do not come to school until you have the results.
- In the event that the results are positive, you will need to follow the government guidelines in regards to quarantine and self-isolation. The student can only return to School once they have fulfilled the 14-day quarantine requirements and are symptom free for over 48 hours.
- If a member of the family receives a positive result of a COVID-19 test, we ask that the family self-isolates and students do not come to school during this time.
- In the event that the results for a family member are negative, students must be symptom and have a temperature of 37.5 C or lower for at least 48 hours or longer before returning to school.