St George's International School, Luxembourg ASBL is a caring international school that provides an outstanding education in English for approximately 800 girls and boys of over 50 nationalities aged 3 to 18+. We pride ourselves on enabling each student to achieve their full potential.
If you are internationally minded, permitted to work in the EU and have the desire to help shape the exciting future of engaged students, St George's would be interested in your application. For more details on how to apply, please see the individual descriptions below.
Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children and Young People
All employees will be required to be security cleared, which may take the form of an extract of Luxembourg “casier judiciaire” and/or an International Child Protection Certificate (ICPC). Our policy is also to actively seek confidential references including one from the last employer.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We Are Currently Recruiting For The Following:
The Secondary School is currently seeking to recruit a:
(For a temporary duration during exam seasons)
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work closely with the Examinations Officer to ensure the preparation and smooth running of external exams according to JCQ and CAIE examination regulations.
- To take responsibility in the examination room for conducting the session with fellow invigilators.
- To ensure that all candidates have an equal opportunity.
- To prevent possible candidate malpractice or administration errors.
- To adhere to and ensure compliance with the school’s safeguarding policy at all times.
- Available throughout the main examination period in May and June, ideally in October/November also
- Previous experience of exam invigilation
- Basic IT skills
- Excellent punctuality and time management
- Well-organised and meticulous, with great accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to keep calm in difficult situations and to act quickly and sensitively under pressure
- Able to follow regulations and work to predetermined instructions
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality, both of candidates’ personal information and examination materials or matters
- Excellent verbal communication skills, ability to relate effectively to both staff and students
- Flexible and positive approach
- Diplomatic, with team leadership qualities, able to lead a team and delegate tasks to others
Please email your application form, CV and letter of motivation for the attention of Mr Mark Fleet, Head Teacher (Secondary), to email@example.com.
Please click here for the full job description.
All applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post. This will include checks with past employers and criminal records checks from countries lived, studied or worked in.